Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey Bacon


1/4 cup Olive Oil
8 oz Smoked Turkey Bacon chopped
1 large Onion sliced
4 Cloves chopped Garlic
2 pounds Collards
2 cups Chicken Stock
1 cup Water
1/2 cup White Wine
Salt
Black Pepper
In a large saute`pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add bacon. Then add onion, and garlic. Reduce heat to low and cook until bacon is crispy, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, separate and thoroughly rinse collards under water. Roll 2 to 3 leaves together; slice roll crosswise into thin strips. Add collards to pan; stir to combine.
Pour in chicken stock, water, and wine.(add more water if needed to cover greens) Cover pan, increase heat to medium, and simmer for 30 minutes or until desired tenderness, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. This is my favorite recipe for collard greens. Thanks, G. Garvin

3 comments:

  1. I have never liked really green stuff but I wish I did more. I think I'll try this recipe. I'll let you know as soon as I do. :D

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to figure out how I can jump through my computer screen and dive into that bowl of collards. They look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe is so good!!! It's also good for you. This recipe doesn't use pork, and that's a plus for me because my hubby has high blood pressure. Please try it! Thanks for the comments! God Bless

    ReplyDelete