Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sisters


My sister and I are like night and day! I like to cook old fashioned homemade meals. She likes to eat at beautiful elegant restaurants. My idea of a great Saturday night is watching a family movie, while snacking on homemade nachos and drinking sweet tea. Her idea of a great Saturday night is going to a Laker's game, while drinking a good glass of wine!
I decided to bridge the gap. I made here some homemade Margarita ice cream! She absolutely loved it! It is a very simple recipe. You will need:
1/2 cup Lime juice
2 tablespoons Tequila
3 tablespoons Orange Liqueur (Triple Sec)
1 1/4 cups Powdered Sugar
2 cups Heavy Cream
Pour the lime juice, tequila and orange liqueur into a bowl and stir in the sugar to dissolve. Add the cream and then softly whip until thick and smooth but not stiff.
spoon into an airtight container to freeze overnight. Enjoy this simple homemade recipe with your sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment